EVERYONE has been asking me so I figured… WHY NOT BLOG IT!
I am a HUGE fan of Cosco because, well.. both Matthew Barney (my fiance) and I eat a LOT. Every 2-4 weeks I go and grab pretty much the same stuff. I rarely venture from this list.
MEAT! Cosco does a great job of carrying good quality meat, organic and fresh.
- We like the organic boneless , skinless chicken thighs
- Organic ground turkey
- Organic ground beef
- Frozen berries (we like the mixed berry blends for smoothies and healthy ice cream)
- Bananas.. duh!
- Organic apples (pink lady of course!)
- Cara Cara oranges… the only kind I buy! Always juicy.
- Spring mix for salads
- Power greens for smoothies
- Organic broccolini
- Brussel Sprouts (really only fall and winter)
- Sometime corn on the cobb
- Bell peppers
- Organic eggs
- Half and half or heavy whipping cream for coffee
- Cottage cheese sometimes (this one is mostly for B)
- Garbonzo beans
NUTS AND SEEDS!
- Hemp seed
- Chia seeds
- Almond or peanut butter
- Pistachios! The salt and pepper ones are the best!
- Organic protein (vegan). It’s pretty good.. no my fav but B really likes it!
- Tub of coconut oil
- Organic olive oil
- avocado oil
- Organic grass fed butter
- balsamic vinegar
- White vinegar for cleaning!
- GUM! We love gum.
- Laundry detergent ( we wash A LOT of sweaty clothes)
Here is a SUPER YUM meal I made with all Cosco ingredients…
Burger with cumin roasted carrot quinoa + tomato, cucumber salad with feta + homemade hummus = YUM
What to do…
- Cook quinoa (use package directions)
- Roasted carrots: Chop carrots and onions. Cover with avocado oil, sprinkle with cumin and salt, roast @ 400deg til brown. Mix quinoa and carrot/onion mixture.
- Chop cuc and toms, mix with feta add salt and pepper and olive oil
- Hummus: In a food processor combine 1 can of drained chic peas, 1/2, 1/3c olive oil, juice of one lemon, 1 T garlic, salt and pepper.
Paisley’s Famous Homemade Chocolate
- 1/2c melted coconut oil
- 1/2c UNsweetened cocoa
- A pinch of sea salt
- I use stevia to sweeten.. But lots of recipes call for 1-2 T Honey.
- I have added vanilla, almonds, peanut butter… endless ideas!
Gently melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat, or melt in microwave. Stir cocoa powder, whatever sweetener you like, and vanilla extract into melted oil until well blended. Pour mixture into a candy mold or pliable tray. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
15% OFF PACKAGES OF INDOOR CYCLING/YOGA @ HONEST!
THIS IS SUCH A SWEET DEAL YOU GUYS! ONLY HERE FOR A WEEK! CLICK HERE
>>>10 Classes for $153 is ONLY $15 per class!
>>>20 Classes for $267.75 is ONLY $13 per class!
Owner of Honest Training
Certified Personal Training w/ a specialization in corrective exercise and small group personal training
Pit Bull Mom