This was a recipe from PaleOMG.com.
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 8-10 dried dates, pits removed, then chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and all spices. Mix well.
- Then add your nuts, seeds, and dates and mix well with your wet ingredients.
- Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet and pour your granola mixture on top. Use a spoon to spread out the mixture evenly so everything will cook at the same time.
- Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, moving the granola around half way through to be sure it doesn’t burn.
- Let cool. Letting the granola cool will help it harden up, and that’s what you want from granola. Duh.
- Eat all by itself or top it off with coconut milk, almond milk, or even dairy milk (if you do that).