Take 1 cup of raw cashews and soak in 2.5 cups of water for 8-18 hours. I started soaking mine before I went bed and then made the pie the next evening.
Note: the cashews expand to about 1 1/4 cup after being soaked
First preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 1 c. pecans
- I c. dried dates
Combine in food processor or high speed blender until well combined. Press into pie pan and set aside.
- 1 1/4 c. cup soaked and drained cashews
- I c. honey
- 1 16 oz. can pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp of of salt
- Place all ingredients in food processor or high speed blender and blend for 3-5 minutes giving your blender a break as needed.
- Should be completely combined and very smooth.
- Pour filling into crust and smooth to the edges.
- Place in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes and then reduce to 350 degree for 30-40 minutes or until edges of filling look fluffy and are slightly darker.
- Check with toothpick in center. Should come out slightly wet but thick and dark.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool for 30 min. before placing in refrigerator for at least 2 hours but preferably more.
- The longer you can let it set the firmer the filling will be.
For coconut whip cream
- Place one can of full fat coconut milk in refrigerator over night or longer.
- Remove creamy opaque cream from the top of your chilled can of coconut milk and place in bowl.
- Leave the liquid at the bottom.
- Add 2 tsp. of confectioners sugar (not paleo, sorry) , or other sweetener of your choice. You may have change the amounts.
- 1/4 tsp. of vanilla.
- Using hand mixer whip until creamy and frothy. Start on lower speed and slowly speed up moving the beaters up and down adding as much air as possible. Use right away for best result because it starts to separate if left standing for to long, but still tastes great!!!