My recipes are all about meals and snacks being cost effective, healthy, low prep time, and taste amazing! Hope you enjoy!
What you need…
- Chickpeas (I usually make 2 cans worth, but it’s up to you!)
- Olive oil OR avocado oil OR even coconut oil works great for roasting!
- Salt and pepper OR any seasoning you enjoy! Cinnamon? Chili pepper? Cumin? The sky is the limit! Let me know if you come up with some great flavors! Curry?!
What to do…
- The day before OR 4-24 hours before roasting drain the chickpeas and spread them on a towel or paper towel on top a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt. We want as much moisture to be removed from the chickpeas as possible before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees.
- Coat the chickpeas with the oil of choice, obviously removed the towels used. The amount of oil is up to you too! If you prefer light oil then just make sure you use enough that they are all slightly covered in oil.
- Season with spices! I like just salt and pepper, but you’re the chief here!
- Roast until crispy! Enjoy!
HEALTHY COLESLAW w/ HOMEMADE MAYO
What you need for slaw…
- Half a head of green cabbage (you can use purple too!) shredded or chopped
- 3-4 large carrots, shredded
- 1/4 thinly sliced white onion (you can totally omit this if you don’t like raw onion, add in maybe green onions?)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (feel free to add any other veggies you like! I just really like peppers)
What you need for homemade mayo…
- One egg (organic)
- 1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice (I used the juice of half a large lemon)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 Cup of oil (I used avocado oil, but a light olive oil would work great too)
- Salt and pepper
What to do…
- Place egg, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt in a wide mouth mason jar or a blender. Blend until combined.
- With the blender on or with the immersion blender in the jar running, slowly drizzle the oil in until it emulsifies.
- Store in fridge for up to a week.
I mixed the homemade mayo into my chopped and shredded veggies to make a delicious and healthy cole slaw! You could even sprinkle some roasted chickpeas on your coleslaw! WHAT?! Let me know how it goes, or if you have anything you would like to add 🙂
Yours in Health,